I am running into spacing problems in typesetting cantorial free-improvisational segments in one of my choral works.

In selected bars I need to space the material in the solo voice independently from the accompanying choir material. “Apply Time signature spacing” gives the best results for the solo voice, but makes the notes and lyrics in the accompaniment voices overlap to the point of unreadability. To make it worse, a click on the solo bar in Speedy entry (or a change in View to 200%) immediately removes the spacing accomplished with the above command. “Space notes evenly in the bar” messes everything up.  Any suggestions?

I have also created black “boxes” with right-hand arrows for the accompanying (repetitive) material, but these are not flexible to allow for different lengths of repeated material in different voices. Do I have to create these in different sizes for every specific occasion, or could they be made to conform to the size of the given material?

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Dr.A.S.Weinstangel