On 29.02.2004 0:36 Uhr, David W. Fenton wrote

> That would be a safe assumption for every single mailing list I
> subscribe to *except* this one.
>
> And I have repeatedly argued that the current configuration (FROM as
> poster instead of the Finale list) is wrong.

Not that I question your knowledge on mailing lists, which probably goes far
beyond mine, but I think the FROM header is not the problem, it is the lack
of a REPLY TO header. The FROM header should always be the sender of the
message, whether it goes through a listserv or not. That's certainly the way
it works with all mailing lists I am subscribed to.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de