To David Froom and all,

Yes, I'm finding Fin 2004 to be dreadfully slow in OS X 10.3. Enough that if I had I deadline, I would probably work in
OS 9 and 2003 for the time being. I've decided to switch to simple entry from speedy entry which I used in previous versions.
I really like the upgrades to simple entry and it would be great if it wasn't so darn slow to drawn the notes after I input them.
I'm on a G4 dual 800 with a 1.25 gig of RAM, so I don't think it's a hardware issue. Hate to say it but Sibelius 3 and Digital Performer
4 run just fine, about the same or better in OSX 10.3.

Another thing that is slowing me down is Quickeys OS X 2.1. I find Finale to be really tedious without using quickeys to wade through all of the menus. But with quickeys in OS 9, I was quite happy with Finale. But the Quickeys functions in OSX for some reason are quite a bit slower, fast than pulling all those menus down myself but still quite a bit slower than in OS 9. I understand it has something to do with Quickeys now being an app instead of an extension.

By the way, I found 'auto smart word extensions' and turned that off. Where should I look for auto spacing and auto update?

Best regards,
John Hinchey
Nashville, TN