I have just converted a file with lyrics from WinFin 2003 to WinFIn 2004,
and have noticed that WinFin 2004 now treats the underscore as a word break
character, like the space and hyphen! All of my syllables are now assigned
to the wrong notes after the underscore (shifted right).

I have many files where I have used the underscore as an elision character.
I have since replaced the underscore with a "hard space", but this is
unsatisfactory. For various reasons this can lead to mispronunciation of
the text (the text is in Hawaiian). I now have several messed up files.

Questions: (1) Has anyone else experienced this? (2) Any advice on other
workarounds, and how would I put an elision character back into my text? I
would actually prefer the character that looks something like a tie between
notes, but have found the underscore to be satisfactory. If I could get
this character in a Windows True Type font that would be ideal for me (the
cheaper the better, sorry).

TIA.