On Mar 16, 2004, at 1:37 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

Well, don't hesitate to tell us, as I may be ignoring something
obvious. What I've been doing is spacing with with time-signature-
based spacing, then adding the handles necessary to manually space.
It's not horribly difficult, but the big problem is that once you've
done that, it's hard to get systems spaced naturally again.

I was thinking of solutions based on switching layers, which I think you already rejected. For example, under layer options you can turn off spacing for the entire layer throughout the piece. If you always put your invisible stuff in that layer, it could work. But then you've got whatever complications arise from changing layers (playback, etc).

I still think there's something I'm forgetting. When you run TG tremolos on a bar and it creates invisible playback notes in layer 4, those notes don't affect spacing. Why not? What is TG changing that we could change manually? There must be something.

mdl