Hi gang,

I know you have a lot of pressing issues on your plate with FinMac2004, and I hate to add to the pile, BUT...

It would be nice you guys support the OS X character palette. (If you're not familiar with the character palette, it can be turned on in System Preferences -> International -> Input Menu.) It's a great way to instantly access, for instance, all of the arrow characters in all of the fonts you currently have installed at once, so you can pick the one that best suits your needs.

So here's where Finale comes in -- say you want to pick a bold, right-pointing arrow to use in conjunction with a "V.S." expression. You can pick the arrow in the OS X character palette, and hit the button "Insert with Font", which is supposed to do exactly that -- insert the character you selected with the font you selected.

In most OS X applications, this works exactly the way it's supposed to. But not Finale. When you choose "Insert with Font" in the character palette, Finale ignores your selection and inserts the character using the existing font. If you want to use the character you actually chose with the character palette, you have to select the character you just inserted and manually choose the font.

This suggests to me that Fin2004 handles fonts in a nonstandard way for OS X. (I notice that it doesn't support FontBook either.) There are surely more immediate issues with FinMac2004 that need to be resolved, but I would like to see this issue fixed eventually. Finale ought to be a well-behaved OS X app, and that means supporting things like the universal OS X shortcuts, FontBook, the character palette, etc.

- Darcy

-----

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn NY