Did others on the group receive the email from a guy at Sibelius, inviting them to participate in a survey to discuss in a telephone interview how they use notation software?

I was especially intrigued by this sentence:

Because of the
nature of this endeavour, if you would like to help us, we will ask you
to keep the subjects of our discussions confidential.

I'm not quite sure what that means, but I don't like the tone. My feeling is that open discussion of what is good and bad about both programs is healthy. If someone is telling Sibelius what it can do to be better, I'd rather that Finale hears about it, too -- and vice versa. That way both programs get better, and all users benefit.

What is Sibelius worried about? Are they worried that MakeMusic is going to steal their ideas and implement them first? Suppose someone does participate in their survey, and then posts a recap of the discussion to this list. I think that would be great.

Perhaps I'm paranoid, but it sounds to me like Sibelius is saying "either you're with us or against us". If that's their attitude, I doubt they'll get much cooperation from users of other products.

mdl