        From MakeMusic!:
> >The EPS issue will definitely be resolved - we currently have many
> >professional users who need this capability, so there is no question
> >it will be added.  We don't, however, yet know when the update will
> >be completed for release.
>
> And there it stands...

Me:
Hello Paul,

Thank you for writing to them. I am glad they have responded on this issue to someone.
I wonder how long it will take for them to resolve this one issue and how many
upgrades we will have to purchase before it is implemented 2005? 2006? As has been
seen in the past with MakeMusic!, they only take notice when a large number of people
bother them with the same issue 1,000s of time. So I encourage people to keep writing
MakeMusic! management to get this issue resolved quickly or it will go in the bin as
many other long standing problems have (lyrics anyone?).

As was stated by David Bailey yesterday in reference to postscript and EPS problems on
the Windows side:
"I can guess -- MakeMusic's big money-maker isn't Finale, it's the
SmartMusic accompaniment system with its subscriptions.  My guess is
that they have gutted the development team for Finale and placed them in
the development for SmartMusic.

There is no other possible explanation, since, as you say, there must be
off-the-shelf PostScript modules they could license."

I believe his comments hold true to the reason why they have released a flawed version
of Finale for OSX with no EPS export as part of its release. There are a few other
things (mainly speed) about this release that are not very encouraging and actually
make it useless in professional settings. What baffles me is that there seem to be
people who use it and enjoy it. I cannot image trying to use it as a professional
product...and stay in business.

Keep writing!

Thank you,
Steve