On 4/1/04 9:48 AM, Ken Parsons wrote:

> How do you enter two time signatures for a piece that oscillates back
> and forth between them - e.g. 3/4 & 6/8? I'd like to enter these in the
> first measure, and not have to put them in every time the grouping
> changes.

Well, I don't think there's any automatic way to have the time signature
change every bar.  However, you can set the first time signature to "use
another time sig for display" and display a composite signature of 3/4+6/8
(3 over 4 in the first set of boxes, and 6 over 8 in the second set).  You'd
have to make the *actual* signature of the bar 3/4, and change signatures
every measure, but hide them with the Measure Tool.

The easiest way to do this, of course, would be to set the signature to 3/4
for the whole section and change every other bar individually to 6/8.  Then,
highlight the whole section (minus the first measure) and use the Measure
Tool to "always hide" the time signature.

--
Brad Beyenhof