At 9:55 AM -0500 4/09/04, Joel Sears wrote:
Hi fellow listers,

Please help. On FinMac 2004, my chord symbols disappear when I place them over rhythmic slash notation. The OLM talks about the Alternate Notation window. I think this has worked for me in the past. "Show Items Attached to Notes" box is checked, but nothing is changed. Any Ideas?

Are you in the Staff Tool>Staff Menu>Define Staff Styles window, where you have selected at the top Rhythmic Notation (assuming you mean stemmed slashes. If you mean unstemmed slashes, this is Slash Notation) and then you have edited about halfway down Alternate Notation to find the box you are talking about? Or in 2004, I think that box has changed place, now directly to the right of the Alternate Notation item.

If so, then this should have worked. If you have changed this in Staff Attributes instead (it's the same dialogue box), then your settings here get overridden by the Staff Style, which might be why you are having problems.

Christopher