As a WinFin2004 user, what bothers me the most about these Mac problems (which are rather serious) is that Coda will probably decide to work on them before they get around to fixing all of the bugs that were introduced in the Windows version! I have a terrible feeling, looking at the calendar, that many of the things we've all been complaining about won't be fixed before Fin2005 -- which, of course, we'll have to pay for again.

This situation brings to mind the Borland development tool Delphi. The first 3 versions were powerful tools and very well received, but v4, which introduced lots of "pretty" features and was somewhat rushed to marked in order to meet a shipping schedule, was very poorly received by the Delphi faithful on account of the numerous bugs and shortcomings which persisted even after a couple of maintenance releases. In response, Borland issued what amounted to a public apology, admitting the problems with v4 and re-committing themselves to releasing a solid, quality product. We did still have to pay for v5, but it was a rock solid product that also delivered new functionality.

I wouldn't mind seeing Coda take a similarly forthcoming position about the problems with Finale.

Aaron.