On 21 Apr 2004, at 04:23 PM, Martin Banner wrote:

Darcy,

Thanks for the tip. Have you had the opportunity to use the "smart hypen" capability? I have had so many discussions with Randy Stokes over the years about including this, since I use Finale exclusively with choral music (I have nearly 90 published modern performing editions of 18th Century concerted sacred Latin choral works), and the need for automatic AND intelligent hyphens over multiple systems/page turns has always been a major need for me.

Martin

Martin,

The auto-updating smart hyphens and/or word extensions are a major drag on performance. If you have a fast machine it might not be an issue for you, but I turned that feature off to speed things up a little. Again, check out the demo before you buy -- you would be very disappointed if it turned out that the one feature you really wanted made Finale unusably slow on your machine.

- Darcy

-----

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn NY