On 4 Jun 2004 at 17:55, Brian Williams wrote:

> This is *BY FAR* the most efficient method of quickly extracting and
> laying out similar parts. And every part contains the entire score in
> scroll view so corrections are easier to make. And to think that Coda
> almost got rid of Special Part Extraction in Finale 2000!

I would use special part extraction *if* and only if it would retain
the original score layout when you turned it off.

As it is, it doesn't get you much of anything, in my opinion -- none
of the parts *I* create need any less tweaking with special part
extraction than they do with regular part extraction, because I'm not
working with music where parts with exactly the same number of
measures in every system in all parts would be tolerated.