On 28.07.2004 23:50 Uhr, Giz Bowe wrote

> At 05:00 PM 7/28/04, you wrote:
>> Now I don't understand. I thought you said it wasn't the first measure in
>> the staff. Why is there a key sig? Did you click "Display clef after
>> barline"? Switch it off.
>
> I wrote that this measure follows an invisible measure, which I'm using to
> indent the staff, making this measure the first visible measure in the
> staff. That's why I want a key sig & clef.

You mean you use invisible measures to indent a staff? That's the first time
I have heard anyone doing this. Can you not use the layout tool to indent?
Perhaps I am not understanding the situation completely.

>> It definitely works here. Try step by step again:
>>
>> Select the clef tool. Make sure there is no selection, not even the measure
>> you want to change. Then _double-click_ the measure. In the dialog select
>> "Show clef: always". You can select the correct size for your purpose. Make
>> sure "Place clef after barline" is _off_.
>
> Doing this places the clef at the end of the measure instead of the
> beginning. Checking "Place clef after barline" puts the clef AFTER the key
> sig.

Well, if you have an invisible measure preceding the measure you want a clef
for, then a clef before the barline probably won't show at all. It will only
appear at the end of the measure if you attach it to the next measure. But
to be honest, I am sure there are better ways to achieve what you want, only
I doN't think I quite understand the circumstances yet.

>> If you want your clef before the key sig, but after the barline - sorry,
>> that's not possible.
>
> That's what I'm coming to understand. I must be the only one to need a clef
> properly placed after a key sig with a measure that's not the first in the
> staff.

I thought you wanted it before the key sig. I am getting confused.

The problem is that the clef tool is for clef changes. As far as those go,
it does pretty much anything that is standard in todays notation. What you
are trying to do is not actually a clef change.

Johannes

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com