On Jul 28, 2004, at 3:26 PM, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

On 29.07.2004 0:12 Uhr, Dean M. Estabrook wrote

Yesterday I went to the Finale Site and downloaded 24k "c"  (about 3
hours).  Anyway, I tried to open a new file in Wizard today, and got
the message:

"Finale cannot start the Wizard because a necessary data file
(pagesizes.txt) couldn't be found in the Component files folder."

What do I do?

Have you looked for the file? Is it there? If so, open Finale, go to the
program options and check that the folders tab is pointing to the correct
Component files folder.

Fin2k4c should be in the same folder that 2k4a was in before. Is that the
case, or did you move it somewhere else?

Johannes
Ok..... after much fumbling about (I'm really technologically challanged, I got the file moved to the correct folder (called 2004b), and it opens ok. Then when I tried to use the User's Manual, I got the same kind of message, so I repeated the process, and got it to work also. I wonder why all this file placement didn't happen automatically when I downloaded the 2k4c installer.
Now, when I open a new file, I am getting a message about "no font annotation files were found for your default specified music font." See user's manual....etc. Have any clues on this one?

The haze is beginning to clear somewhat, but man......

Dean