Hi Neal,

Due respect, but your friend is dead wrong. Of course there will be G5 PowerBooks. Steve Jobs had originally said "by the end of 2004" but IBM has had a lot of trouble on the manufacturing end, so that's likely no longer in the cards. But there will certainly be G5 PowerBooks sometime in 2005 (possibly even at January's MacWorld, although that's an optimistic prediction). It is true that *current* G5's generate a lot of heat, but believe me, IBM is hard at work on a mobile-capable version of the G5. The G4 was originally considered to run much too hot to ever put in a notebook computer as well -- obviously, that turned out not to be the case.

Also, there will be no more revisions of the G4 PowerBooks. The current 1.5 GHz G4 models are the end of the line.

The redesigned G5 iMac will be announced soon, in a very small, almost notebook-like enclosure. I expect G5 PowerBooks will be out within 6-8 months after the G5 iMac's debut. It is inconceivable that Apple would go much longer than that with the pro chip (the G5) in their consumer line (iMac) but not their pro notebook line.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY