Greetings...

This problem may be old news for many of you, but it's new to me.

I've just started using Word as my word processor after years of using WordPerfect. I just did a test to see how smoothly .EPS import into Word and how they look on-screen.

How smoothly?  Very.

How do they look? Wrong. The music fonts don't turn up as they're supposed to (regardless of whether they're in Petrucci or Maestro). These tests were of .EPS files that do work just fine when imported into WordPerfect and into page layout programs. If the files are OK (and they include the font, plus a TIFF display version), why isn't Word displaying them properly???

ng

What Computer Platform? What Operating System version? What version of Word? What version of Finale?

On the Mac side, The quality of the EPS preview was downgraded significantly in Finale 2004. I use Finale EPS's in Word and up till then had found them very readable on screen. In 2004 they are awful.

--

Rocky Road - in Oz

"Fleeing from the Cylon tyranny, the last Battlestar, Galactica, leads a ragtag, fugitive fleet, on a lonely quest, for a shining planet known as Earth."