In jazz and B'way copying, where we go to extreme lengths to facilitate page turns (sometimes we have just 2-3 systems on a page, or even leave a page completely blank), we use "V.S." for all page turns where the system with the page turn isn't aligned with the bottom margin -- even when there's no particular rush.

So I think using V.S. as an all-purpose page turn indicator is just fine. You might also consider using a right-pointing arrow from a symbol font. (I actually use both -- i.e., "V.S. ->")

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY