Randolph Peters wrote:
I think this highlights the direction things have been moving for a while. To do a decent job of faking (playing back) large orchestrations, you need lots of channels. As you know, one "instrument" can eat up many channels just with all the variations in playing techniques. (e.g., arco, col legno, pizz., tremolo, sfzp, sul pont. and so on).

Finale's long-standing limit of 64 channels is too limiting for what a lot of people need and are moving toward. Doubling this amount to at least match what sequencing programs offer would be a good place to start.