The trade-offs are as follows:

The output on the inkjet is slower than toner based systems. but is capable of looking really good, depending on the paper you use. Glossy paper works best, but may not be firm enough to support its own weight on a conductor stand so you have to experiment a bit.

The output is somewhat water soluble (keep it away from the trombone players....)

The product is more expensive per page IF you amortize it over the period of thousands of pages. Maybe you need less than this. If the answer is yes, then it is a good deal. It is all relative to your personal requirements.

When the cost of the printer is about a tenth of the cost of toner based printers, all these factors must be considered. I have several large format inkjet printers as well as an HP 5100 and I use whatever is better suited.

RW