Not quite correct. Support for the way GPO creates volume changes was added
to Human Playback in Finale 2005. In 2k4, you can still use GPO, just HP
will not interpret the volume controller correctly. There's a fair number of
Finale users that use 2k4 with GPO.

Gerald--A couple of our tech support guys is really hip to GPO. You should
drop macsupport a line if my suggestions don't fix it.

1. Make sure Internal Speaker Playback is OFF.
2. Make sure you have the GPO STUDIO application installed. You can download
the latest version at www.garritan.com (sounds like you've done this)
3. Make sure that the channels match in the instrument list to what you've
selected in GPO (sounds like you've done this, too)
4. Did you choose channels in the GPO studio?

These are the most common things I've run into when GPO isn't working