I just viewed a video of gentleman named Ken Miller who performed actually engraving for the magazine Modern Music that was published in Southern California. Ken's father was an engraver and passed the profession onto Ken. Ken's engraving tools (cutters and punches along with a few sample plates) were donated to the music library at Berkeley at the University of California about ten years ago. The video, prepared by a student, demonstrated his working with engraving plates and running off "green sheets" for the publisher/writer's review.

The video has as a theme that engraving music the manual way is becoming a lost art.

Hay anyone following this list heard of Mr. Miller or know where and if he can be reached? I heard he may have lived in the Ventura County area.

--

John Poole

Editions Poole
http://www.editionspoole.com