A-NO-NE Music wrote:
dhbailey / 04.11.28 / 11:55AM wrote:

I find it to be only a matter of a small effort to move measures around to get the final systems to look fine.

<snip>

The way I deal with the final system is to move measures down from preceding systems until they all balance out and the layout looks proper to my eye.

I realized most of folks hear are for one-time-only output to publisher.
My need is different. I often change arrangements per gigs, so taking
time on finalizing the parts is not practical to me. I also re-space
busy measures and/or whatever reason which makes sight-reader easier. Any attempt like this screws the ending automatically.

I too am used to read full with end system on classical music, but it is
not so true with jazz music.  Space can be used for instruction of solo
order.  Indent is useful for Coda for sight-reader's eyes, etc. etc.

Then it is also a very easy issue to use the page layout tool and simply drag the right-hand margin of that final system to the left to get it to be the proper width for the measures which are on it.

If you want a partial final system it's easy enough to get it.

But again, if you want to petition MakeMusic to include it as an option in the Page Layout algorithm, by all means you should do so.

--
David H. Bailey