On Dec 4, 2004, at 9:43 AM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

This thread reminds me that: How do you create hybrid chord in Finale, i.e.

    Gb
   ---

I have been doing it by inserting horizontal line by shape between the
two.  Is there any better way?

There are currently three ways to create a slash-chord in Type Into Score.

1) Typing C/E will give you just that, horizontally aligned.

2) Typing C|E (that's the vertical bar, shift-backslash on my Mac's keyboard) will give you the same thing, but with the E displaced lower, sort of like this

C/
  /E

3) Typing C_E (that's underscore, shift-hyphen) will give you what you asked, the polychord arrangement, like this

---

If the gap is enormous in a JazzFont document, try changing the default chord font (not the suffix font) to JazzText 18 instead of JazzCord 24. Other than that, there is no way to change the vertical spacing, except by entering the two halves as two different chords, as you had been doing.

Christopher