Brad Beyenhof writes:

I can't find it in the archive, but I remember somebody describing a
system they'd devised to add vertical brackets to double-stopped notes
with the Articulation tool.

Would whoever that was remind me about that system? I don't recall if
a custom library was offered, but if anybody has one they're willing
to share I'd appreciate that as well.

Dear Brad,

The way I've done it is with the Smart Shape Tool. Here's how:

1) Select the Smart Shape Tool and Option-Click on the question mark tool.

2) In the selection box find the pedal mark with a hook on the left and no hook on the right and click Edit.

3) In the dialog box remove the check from "Horizontal."

4) Under Line Adjustment/End/V enter 0.05 in. (or equivalent).

5) Under "End" click "Hook" and enter the same number for the starting hook.

6) Click OK and Select. On the score enter the shape by clicking on the upper note of the double-stop and drag down to the lower note. You can put it anywhere, move, and adjust it.

This is a handy shape to have because it's useful for piano music when notes on two staves are to be played by one hand, and there are many similar uses. It's a good idea to save it in a library.

Best regards,

Hal
--
Harold Owen