Just create a 2/16 bar and either:
1) Hide the 2/16 time signature with the Measure tool.
2) Make the 2/16 bar "Use a different time signature for display"
(click "More Choices" in the TimeSig dialog) of 6/8.

This will mess up measure numbers a bit since the 2/16 bar will be
numbered despite its not-really-a-measure status, but you can define
Measure Number Regions in the Measure tool  to make numbers display
correctly.

Hope this helps!

-Brad

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:54:40 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Listers,
>
> I'm sure that this has been dealt with to death before, and for that I
> apologize. A dear friend asked for help. I made some possible suggestions,
> but there
> must be a real workaround. I don't know which version of Finale (for Mac) she
> is using, but it is probably no more recent than 2003--maybe earlier.
>
> Thank you for your help. Here is her request:
>
> >This is driving me NUTS: I'm transcribing the Billings "Virgin Unspotted."
> >At the refrain, where it changes from 6/4 to 6/8, there's a pickup to the
> >refrain that's already 2 16ths in the new meter. I can't find ANY mention
> >of
> >this in my Finale book--- AAAAARGH!
> >
> >Do you happen to know how I do this?..........
>
> Best wishes,
> Steve
>
> Steve Barnett
> Composer/Arranger/Producer