Bob Florence wrote:
Hi All:

I recieve so many e mails from the address listed above. I have met quite a few of you. However, I would love to know a little background of each and all of you. Are you a musician? Are you active? Are you retired? Where are you from and where are you residing now? What kind of music do you specialize in? Are you an instrumentalist, composer/arranger/copiest, teacher, etc.? If not a musician, what is your occupation?

The answered questions are to satisfy my curiosity about who I am dealing with. I have seen all of your names many times. Now it is time for more information.

Thanks;

Bob Florence
born may 20, 1932 in Los Angeles. I am an active composer/arranger, pianist, band leader and sometimes cook. I reside in Thousand Oaks, Ca.

Hi, Bob.

I'm a musician down here in San Diego. Been playing (all brass, a la Mic Gillette) for way too long, and doing occasional small band arrangements. Working on my 3rd book, and doing illustrations for another friend.

I actually met you when I was playing with Bill Yeager's L.A. Jazz Workshop band, and have heard your band play live twice (for those of you who haven't, Bob has a GREAT band. Buy his records!). I also own several of your charts

Carl Dershem
Born 1957 in San Diego.