In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Karen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>P.S.S.  Christopher, thank you for also writing in your post about
>how you actually create your music i.e. still with paper and pencil
>at the piano in the beginning and then to the computer.  I'm with you
>on that!!  I can't write directly to the computer either though I
>know there are those who can and do with much success.  I too usually
>start at the piano and then move to the computer to orchestrate.
>Maybe this is another idea for an OT conversation.  I'm always
>curious as to others' methods of writing and how they go about the
>process.

I prefer to compose at my Yamaha keyboard (now showing its age with some
key rattle) with my laptop hanging off its MIDI output, so that whatever
I like can go straight into Finale.  If I want a more portable set-up, I
borrow my son's Keystation 49.  The main disadvantage of the latter is
that I can't make WinFin 2004 play immediately what is on the keys as
WinFin 2000 does, only what is in the score.

I have never calculated whether I create worse pollution with the
electricity turned into heat than with the paper that I would otherwise
have to throw away, but much of the time, in this cool climate, the heat
does another job on its way to the outside atmosphere.

--
Ken Moore
[EMAIL PROTECTED]