Hi all,

I have a score in which I want to put something like "accel.....poco.....a.....poco" over several measures. If I place this as a score expression, it won't stretch over a system break. That is, if the expression begins in a measure at the end of a system, it will just run off the edge of the page.

On the other hand, if I do this (or something like it) with the custom line tool, it will stretch over a system break -- but I can't assign it to a staff list. What I want is for it to display over the flute and violin 1 staves in the score, but over all staves in extracted parts.

I know that one option is to use the custom line tool and place it in the two staves in the score, and then go through and temporarily copy it to other staves before extracting parts, but since I have several such instances, this seems like a lot of work.

Am I missing another option?

Robert, could Mass Copy be refined such that I could choose *specific* smart shapes to copy? Then I could do this all in one pass instead of instance by instance.

Plugin developers, is this a good candidate for a different plugin? Something like "select a smart shape, select a staff list, copy the shape to the staves in the list"?

Thanks,
Aaron.