Hiroaki Honshuku wrote:
Just for the record... clock mismatch will not
produce crackling sound but rather periodic click or pink noise.

True. The sounds are different, but equally annoying!

On further reflection, the problem of crackling could be a streaming issue. Direct from disk using the Kontact engine (which GPO uses) is probably the culprit to bad sound. A different buffer size on the interface might help. Faster hard drives can help as well, although there is not a consistent relationship between disk speed and performance.

I have read in discussion lists about streaming problems in Kontact. Maybe there is an update or something out there.

Q: What did you mean by Digital Performer plug-in? As far as I know, GPO does not offer MAS format.

DP uses MAS and Audio Units (as well as VSTs if you use a third party audio wrapper).

I hope GPO users can solve this dilemma. And please let this list know if any solutions are out there.

-Randolph Peters