I've really enjoyed learning about the people I've been reading during the several years I've been mostly lurking on the list. Here's a little something about 'moi' :

Name: Bernard Savoie
born:  12/16/1955, Montreal, Canada

I'm a sax player, composer, arranger, copyist, publisher and conductor in the Montreal region. Studied at UQAM (Université du Québec à Montreal) and McGill University. Been a Finale user since version 1 (remember the good old days where articulations and slurs had to be adjusted manually [and re-adjusted for transposing instruments parts after extraction] ). Most of the copy work I do are for local contemporary music composers, with a lot of graphic and/or aleatoric music and have been used with major symphony orchestras around the world (just finished an oratorio which will be performed by the Paris Symphony and am presently working on an opera which is going to Sudbury, ON and a sax quartet concerto which is going to Winnipeg).

My greatest challenge/accomplishment on Finale was being lead copyist for "Symphonie du Millénaire" (performed June 3, 2000 on the grounds of Oratoire St. Joseph in Montreal), a cooperative work with 19 composers writing for 16 ensembles, over 300 musicians including the Montreal Symphony Orchestra, several contemporary music groups, a military band, a boy's choir and 1200 bell ringers in a 90 minute, one-movement piece. Final tally, over 4500 pages of music printed for individual parts as well as scores for each ensemble and a mega-score (reduction to 1-4 staves per group of all the ensembles).

Bernard Savoie Opus 102 Music Publisher [EMAIL PROTECTED] (514) 382-3045