My solution for urgent-deadline score requests in these circumstances is to make individual files span full pages, removing unnecessary titles etc., and print to PDF and assemble the whole thing in Acrobat. Often this will also be practical for parts as well.

On a similar quick-fudge vein, if I needed to merge the final page of one movement with the first of another (ie when the break cannot fall at a page ending), I'd export whole-page Tiffs, assemble them in an image program, then print a PDF.

Obviously none of this helps if they're actually wanting a Finale file - but I never like providing them anyway.

Darcy James Argue wrote:
Hi Michael,

Don't even attempt this without Robert Patterson's Mass Copy.

If you use Mass Copy and just do the parts (not the score), this shouldn't be too terribly onerous if it's only three movements and you haven't already done the parts. Extract the parts as usual, then use Mass Copy to merge them. (Warning: if you are on an OS X Mac, Mass Copy takes a *loooonng* time to do its thing. Be prepared to wait.)

The score is another matter entirely -- I would tell your client that this is simply not possible. Certainly not by Friday! Also, it's IMO a complete waste of time. However, if once you've completed the parts, the client thinks it's worth it to pay you to do practically all of your work over again just so he can have a single file for the score, well, huzzah -- so long as you're getting paid by the hour.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY