d. collins wrote:

Is there any such thing?

You mentioned a problem with "non standard line widths", hence my question.

I meant common fractions based on points, such as 1/2 points, 3/4 points and so on.

OK, I just posted a 3 page PDF:
- page 1 is printed directly to PDF from Finale
- page 2 is the same Finale file compiled as a Postscript listing and then distilled with exactly the same settings
- page 3 is a blank page printed to PDF from Sibelius

The difference on screen between the three pages are glaring.

On my system, ALL THREE pages display with different staff line widths, the results varies depending on zoom percentage.
Here are some screen shots based on your PDF:
http://www.jwmusic.nu/page1.gif
http://www.jwmusic.nu/page2.gif
http://www.jwmusic.nu/page3.gif

Best regards,