Celia Onwood wrote:

Zoomed in at 1600% on the dashtest.pdf in Acrobat reader 6 and the staff lines and the bar line
(including dotted bar lines) are composed of 4 various thickness lines. Date and rests are solid.

Finale 2005a, WinXP. I can print satisfactory PDFs by printing directly to Adobe PDF. In Acrobat 6, I get the same 4 lines decribed above _only_ 1600% resolution and these are not visible in a printout. Above and below this level of resolution, the lines are solid. I cannot dupicate this behavior at all in Ghostview 4.6, but Ghostview zoom facility is clumsy (slow, no % indication).

The greater problem for me is that I can't get a postscript file out of Finale, and this has been the case since Finale 2003. Finale has always had a problem with PS page numbering, but that has been something I could fix by hand directly in PS. But now every attempt with Distiller yields this message:

%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: Pscript_WinNT_Compat ]%%
%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

With Ghostview, the error message is more explicit. If anyone is interested, I can post that message.

Daniel Wolf
Budapest