[EMAIL PROTECTED] / 05.1.30 / 01:44 AM wrote:
>Think of it as "I'm going to allocate an hour
>tomorrow morning to run errands"  I have assigned myself (much as the
>OS assigns virtual memory to a process or app.... which is what VSize
>represents in OS X) a specific amount of time to do these errands...I
>may not use the whole time but this is what I have have set aside
>based on what I think will be needed.

Right, so I'd think
"now I have cloned myself (more physical RAM),
"I can do the errands in half of the time I used to allocate",
no?

>><http://www.osxfaq.com/dailytips/03-2002/03-18.ws>

It sez only this:
<< VSIZE indicates the amount of virtual memory Mac OS X has assigned for
this process or application>> which is the same as Linux does.

By the way, I love how you explain things, not to mention you have solved
many of my long-time Finale puzzles for me before.  You must be a good
teacher :-)

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>