On Feb 2, 2005, at 3:36 AM, Jari Williamsson wrote:

Jim and Pat Sodke wrote:

I'm creating a piano chart that has notes entered in the first two systems, and from system three to the end only chord symbols in the treble clef. I'm attempting to optimize those staffs in page layout, and eliminate the bass, but cannot get anything to happen. I'm using Finale 04 for Windows. Where am I going wrong?

Open the Group Attributes for the Piano group IN SCROLL VIEW. Set the "Group Optimization" setting to "Optimize Normally". Switch to Page View and reoptimize.

Also, if you have previously tried to optimize, you have to REMOVE optimisation BEFORE you set the group attribute to "optimise normally." Otherwise it will not work.

Christopher