I'm positive Hiro. There was a tech note about this. This is normal, BTW -- new Macs can never boot a version of the OS older than they shipped with. So, for instance, you cannot install 10.2.x, or even 10.3.6 -- or, as I found out, the standard version of 10.3.7 -- on the Mac mini.

Anyway, the boot from the cloned old HD *looks* like it's working, but it stalls fatally at "Starting Apple File System" every time.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY