Darcy James Argue wrote:

Hi Chuck,

Well, clearly, we cannot perceive frequencies beyond those that our hardware is capable of conveying to our brains. Other animals with different hardware perceive a different range of frequencies. Some animals (e.g., bats) even have auditory perceptual abilities we can only replicate with the aid of advanced technology.

I don't know if that's quite what you meant, though.

Well it would explain why sometimes when we practice what we think are nice sounds and consonances to our ears, our dogs howl and our cats run screaming from the room. ;-)

--
David H. Bailey