> Human beings do not think of equations and physics when they move --
> they just move. Physics is involved, but not at any conscious level,
> and not at any significant level.

On the contrary, the preparation for the precise movements in performing
music involves detailed conscious thought about movement. When I am
practicing I am consciously applying principles and solving problems in
physics such as conservation of momentum, distribution of forces, and
lengths and angles of of compund levers. Knowing those principles of physics
has helped make my learning of the movements more efficient. That all of
this eventually becomes unconscious (or at least out of present awareness)
through practice in no way negates the importance of physics.

Richard Yates