On Feb 28, 2005, at 3:59 PM, Kurt Gnos wrote:

But I guess there are many things in Finale that can be done differently - from entering notes (not just with different tools, also in different ways) until formatting and printout. There are also people who like lyrics mass edit, which I cannot understand since I like typing into score much better.

The thing I don't like about typing lyrics into score is that the cursor doesn't move intelligently to the next note, instead it moves to the second of two tied notes, to rests, etc. With opt-click assignment (Mac, PC is alt-click) the lyrics all jump over the tied notes and rests intelligently to attach to the next real note.

I also tend to mess up the order of the lyrics with TYpe Into Score. Bleah. If I was more organised, I might like it better.

Christopher