Barlines:
Document options > Barlines > Display on Single Staves.

Brackets:
Group attributes > Bracket: put checkmark on Show Bracket if Group Contains Only One Staff.

Cheers,

Hans

David W. Fenton wrote:
This is a non-crucial question for me, but an annoyance I encountered yesterday, creating an optimized score.

The score is for 2 sopranos and basso continuo, so there are two groups defined (voices, BC).

However, what I'm producing for now is a usable bass part to play from, with cues written in the 2nd soprano line. I then optimize to remove empty staves and end up with a result that has mostly 2 lines, but occasionally only the bass line.

The problem is that the single staff has no left bar line or bracket, and it makes it hard for me to recognize where the next system begins when it's only a single system (my layout is tight because I really must limit the piece to 3 pages).

Now, I know that proper engraving rules for a single part are that you *don't* have a left line on a single system, but this isn't a single part. The part is here (all on one line):

http://www.bway.net/~dfenton/Collegium/Scores/Charpentier-
TenebraeLessons.PDF

Now, this is a quick-and-dirty score, created from a 7-page facsimile of the composer's very messy autograph, so I'm not so worried about it, but I do have to perform from it this Sunday, and in practicing with it, I have trouble with the systems that have a single line with no left bar.

I've drawn them in by hand on the part I'm playing from, but I would like to know how to get them to show in the printed score. Is it doable?