Dear Hiro, (and Darcy et al),

First, please understand that what you have written is barely understandable to me, not because of any fault of your English, but because you assume a familiarity with computer information and jargon on my part that is greater than I have. Nevertheless, I think I may understand most of this.

I have experienced what I think is "audio packets being dropped' when the computer has been in use for a long time and Finale and GPO are working hard. It sounds like machine gun on/off, on/off sound. I have no idea what audio interface is in use here. It's simply what's built in to this early G5, single processor 1.8. What do you mean "FW"? Is that Firewire? I am simply using the audio output on the Mac.

If you will take a moment to translate what you have written, and offer specific advice that might be understandable to one whose computer understanding is at a couple of levels (at least) below yours, I will surely appreciate it.

Question: Will adding considerably more than the existing 1.5 MB of RAM help in keeping things from choking up, as they seem to be doing at the moment?

Thanks,

Chuck