Hi Bob,

I haven't read this yet myself but it was just highly recommended to me by another composer about a month ago. He raved about it.

<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0446691437/104-5700617-8007944?v=glance>

It is called "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield. I don't think it deals specifically with music but it sounds interesting. There are other interesting books listed on this page too!

Hope you are having a good weekend!

-Karen

Are there any books concerning composing and arranging that cover the spiritual and inspirational aspect. I am always interested in the way other writers get there music off of the "launching pad". I not concerned about what harmonies to use or what instruments to combine. I find it so fascinating to know what another goes through in the creative process.

Thanks;

Bob Florence