the first thing that pops into my mind is a book called "Spiritual Lives of the Great Composers" by Patrick Kavanaugh (sp?) - there's also a book called "Heart of the Artist" by Rory Noland that covers some of this from a Christian perspective (though this one is more of a devotional book for artistic types) - TC

BTW, it's a different blend of inspiration/craft for all of us, IMHO - not trying to stir things up, just answering the question that was posed - TC