On 8 Jun 2005 at 23:10, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/
> >
> >>First, the thing is fast. Native apps readily beat a single 2.7 G5,
> >>and sometimes beat duals. Really.
>
> See...this is the beauty of the Mac OSX operating system...put the Mac
> OS on a " slower" machine/chip  and it will run faster than Windows on
> that same machine/chip....put it on a faster Intel chip and it will
> scream compared to windows!

Er, what? What is your basis for any comparison to Windows based on
the information quoted from www.xler8yourmac.com?

And has there been any benchmarking comparing OS X Finale to Windows
Finale? I'm not a Mac user, but it seems to me that from what I've
heard y'all complaining about, Windows is going to win hands down.

> >[...]
> >
> >>They run Windows fine. All the chipset is standard Intel stuff, so
> >>you can download drivers and run XP on the box.
>
> I'm not sure how this will play out...does Apple allow windows to run
> natively on their boxes or do they close the loopholes and allow only
> OS X . . .

Folks don't seem to be paying attention to the things posted on this
list, because I posted a couple of days ago a quote from an Apple
spokesman that answers this question:

http://news.com.com/2100-7341_3-5733756.html

     After Jobs' presentation, Apple Senior Vice President Phil Schiller
     addressed the issue of running Windows on Macs, saying there are no
     plans to sell or support Windows on an Intel-based Mac. "That
     doesn't preclude someone from running it on a Mac. They probably
     will," he said. "We won't do anything to preclude that."

     However, Schiller said the company does not plan to let people run
     Mac OS X on other computer makers' hardware. "We will not allow
     running Mac OS X on anything other than an Apple Mac," he said.

"We won't do anything to preclude that" seems pretty definitive to
me.