Even more useful are the Mass Edit programmable metatools for transposition
(number keys 6 thru 9).  I have 6 and 7 defined as up and down an octave,
respectively, and 8 and 9 up and down an octave while keeping the original
notes.  You can define these four keys by pressing Shift and a number while
in Mass Edit, then selecting which transposition you want.  To invoke the
metatool, simply select a region and press the key.  I find this a huge time
saver and would hate to do without it.

Lee Actor
Composer-in-Residence and Assistant Conductor, Palo Alto Philharmonic
http://www.leeactor.com