From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Christopher Smith
Sent: Saturday, 25 June 2005 7:42 AM
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] Doubling a Melodic Line one Octave

On Jun 24, 2005, at 5:02 PM, keith helgesen wrote:

> I too use the metatools 6--9 to exclusion- but really wish that there
> were
> more available. Why not have 1 thru 9 or 0 available?
> I would love to have tone up, t down, 3 up, 3 down etc etc right thru
> 8ves.
> I find 'Keep original notes' is no hassle to 'tickabox' in or out.

Except that you can't toggle it when you use the metatool. That's the
only inconvenience. You would have to define the metatool with it on,
then redefine it to turn it off.

I find the Mass Edit metatools so convenient where they are that I
would hate to move them. 1 is implode, 2 is explode, 3 is beat spacing
(for scores) 4 is note spacing (for everything else), 5 is elapsed time
(clients mostly need it, I couldn't care less most of the time), then 6
through 9 are for transpositions.

I use
6 for 8ve down
7 for 8ve up
8 and 9 for diatonic step down and up respectively.

It is no problem to hit 8 twice to get a diatonic 3rd down, or more as
necessary. I can redefine the transpositions with Shift-6 whenever I
need to for a particular problem, but I always change them back because
they are so darn useful the way I default them to.

Now, if the metatools could expand to include the alphabetical keys,
too, now THAT would be something! I would LOVE to have say,
Retranscribe or Change... Noteheads.... under a single key. Perhaps
PCers already have that capability, but on Mac, we are sadly lacking in
keyboard equivelants.

Christopher