On 5 Jul 2005, at 23:56, dhbailey wrote:

Sibelius 4 has been announced, and one aspect which we have clamored for on this list for years is in their list of added features: Dynamic linking of parts to the score.

Some may have clamoured for it, not me.

If Finale doesn't start listening to its core users and stop dicking around with fancy playback issues, it's going to lose the entire educational and professional market, plain and simple.

I know that many users are unconcerned about playback, but others are. If Finale were to fall far behind Sibelius in its playback capabilities then it would certainly be in danger of losing much of its share of the market.

...(oh, let's not forget, TEXTURED paper on-screen! Will it print like that, I wonder?) ...

I don't imagine it took much time to add that feature. If you're staring at music on a large monitor for long periods, tinted "paper" is easier on the eye. Some people do in fact print their music on tinted paper for that reason. So I don't think it merits your scorn.

Let's wait and see if all the new features of Fin2006 are indeed merely fluff.

John