On 06 Jul 2005, at 10:36 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:

On Jul 6, 2005, at 3:41 PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

• A program option to "Print Date and Time Footer" on all documents, with the option to choose between the date of most recent printing, or most recent saving.

Hmm. Finale already has this. Text>Inserts> File Date or Current Date.

Isn't "File Date" date of most recent *save*? Sib lets you choose the date the document was most recently *printed*, which is (for me) much more helpful.

• Custom keyboard shortcut sets, with the ability to assign your own shortcuts to any menu item or action.

Kind of like Metatools?

No.

Now if that were applicable to ANY menu item or action,

It is.

 as you appear to say Sib does,

I did.

that would be nice.

It is.

• AHA! There it is -- a checkbox for "View Parts In New Windows"! So David, you *can* compare multiple parts side-by-side.

I didn't get in your last post, Darcy, what your objection was to opening a new window of the same document. Sure it's one checkbox in Sib, but it's one menu item away in Finale (Mac version, anyway) File>Recent Items> click on whatever is presently open.

Chris, here we are talking about how Dynamic Parts are displayed (not regular extracted parts). You should try the Sib demo to see the difference between leaving this box checked or uncheked. This is a feature Finale should steal *after they implement Dynamic Parts*.

        • An option to automatically check for maintenance updates.

Yes, it's true. That option is FOUR clicks away in Finale (and you have to type in your user name and password, unless you have it set to autofill). No reason why it can't be one click.

Um, what? Where is the option to have Finale automatically check for maintenance upgrades? I don't think Finale can do this, no matter how many clicks are involved. Am I missing something?

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]