Randolph Peters wrote:
Johannes Gebauer wrote:
That is assuming that more than 90% of Finale users use Finale for their own compositions - hardly likely. Probably more like 10%.

I just took a quick mental survey of all the people I personally know who use Finale. Out of the 25 or so users, only 2 use it exclusively for engraving/copying and don't care about playback. The rest are composers who want decent looking scores AND decent MIDI playback/input. That's always been the beauty and promise of Finale since the beginning.

Is my informal survey so off from the norm?

Informal surveys are going to have the problem of skewed samples. I can't think of *anyone* I know who uses either Sibelius and Finale, and isn't mostly or exclusively concerned with engraving.